Https Ejuror Alameda Courts Ca Gov


The Court will be transitioning to Zoom for all remote appearances. Click here to see information about how the transition will happen in each case type.

Contact the court and let them know you have two summonses. You will have to report for jury duty for one of the summonses. This occurs when the DMV or Registrar of Voters has your name differently in their systems. It could be a middle initial missing or a maiden name not changed after marriage. Because our selection is random and doesnt contain information such as social security number or dates of birth, the system has no way of determining that you are one in the same person. This may happen more often unless you contact these agencies and correct your name. You may contact the Registrar of Voters office at (510) 272-6973 or your local DMV office.

If on the day you are required to report you are ill, have a fever, are experiencing chills, shortness of breath, or are experiencing other symptoms associated with COVID-19, please do not come to court. Instead call 510-891-6031 or email [email protected] to explain your condition and request a deferral of your jury service.

If you have not already rescheduled your jury service once before, you may request that your service be rescheduled to a more convenient time by logging on to our JPortal website, or by calling our IVR (Interactive Voice Response) service at (510) 879-3079. You may only reschedule your jury service one time to a different week, 3-6 months after your current summons date.

If directed to report, plan to attend court as a juror from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The time you are released will depend on the courts schedule. Please wear a mask or face covering, and dress appropriately. (Shorts, tank tops or bare feet are not permissible.) Please bring your own pen or pencil.

The selection and management of jurors is governed by the Code of Civil Procedure. By law, potential jurors are selected RANDOMLY from the Voter Registration list and the Department of Motor Vehicles drivers and identification card holders. If the information you provide to these two sources is not identical you may receive two summonses or you may be summoned more often than others.

Self-Help Center staff are available to answer questions and provide assistance via telephone from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. The Self-Help Center telephone number is (510) 272-1393. Self-Help Center staff are also available to answer questions and provide assistance via Live Chat service from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. For customers needing additional assistance, individual telephone or video appointments are also available.

The Superior Court of California, County of Alameda (Court) is closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) situation. The Court is in routine communication with the Alameda County Public Health Department, the Alameda County Office of Emergency Services, other Alameda County justice agencies, other California Superior Courts, and the Judicial Council of California. We are working with these and other entities to ensure that we have up-to-date information and can best weigh the need to provide access to justice to our community while also supporting the activities of our public health agencies and the health of the public.

In addition, as of May 6, 2021, clerk’s windows will be open to assist traffic litigants with filings and fine payments weekly, on Thursdays at Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. With this limited in-person opportunity, traffic litigants are encouraged to continue submitting filings via mail, drop box, or email to [email protected]

The Court has posted guidelines to clarify the Court’s expectations for those families and parents with current child custody and visitation orders in place during the “shelter-in-place” and public Court closure resulting from the COVID19 crisis. Historic information about Family matters during the public closure period can be found in this Civil, Family and Probate Closure FAQ.

All Civil proceedings are currently being conducted remotely via videoconference, unless the Court orders in-person proceedings. Beginning September 1, 2021, Civil harassment hearings will be conducted in-person. Parties can contact the Court to request remote appearances. Beginning October 18, 2021, the Court will conduct some small claims hearings in-person. Parties can contact the Court to request remote appearances.


How can I get permanently excused from jury duty in California?

A request for permanent medical excuse must be submitted in writing by the juror/person with a disability or his/her authorized representative on or before the date the person is required to appear for jury service. A supporting letter, memo, or note from a treating health care provider must be included.

How do I get out of jury duty in Alameda County?

You may request to be excused for hardship by logging on to our JPortal website. If your request is not allowed on JPortal, you may need to contact the jury services office for further assistance by emailing [email protected] or by calling the Jury Services Division at 510-891-6031.

How many times can you postpone jury duty Alameda County?

You may postpone your jury service two times within one year from your initial report date. You may request postponement of your jury service online after submitting your online questionnaire.

What is the best excuse for jury duty?

Excuse from Service
  • You have no means of transportation.
  • You would have to travel an excessive distance to the courthouse.
  • You have a physical or mental impairment.
  • You provide care for a dependent and cannot afford to have someone cover for you.
  • Serving would be an extreme financial burden.

Related Posts