Student BodyEnrollment726 students300 students% Students of Color33%26%% International Students15%20%% Students Boarding70%70%Average SAT Score1347
- George P. Shultz 38 – Former Secretary of State
- Ella T. Grasso 36 – Former Governor of Connecticut
- Diana Farrell 83 – Founding president and chief executive officer of the JPMorgan Chase Institute
- Henry R. Kravis 63 – Co-founder, co-chairman, co-CEO KKR
- James Widdoes 72 – Actor, writer, director, and producer
- Betty Gilpin 04 – Emmy-nominated television (GLOW), film, and stage acctress.
- Nana Mensah 01 – actress, writer, singer, and director
- David Edelstein 77 – Film critic for New York magazine and for National Public Radio’s Fresh Air
- Jason Wu 01 – Fashion designer (designed First Lady Michelle Obamas inaugural ball gowns and other pieces for the first lady)
- Frank Bruni ’82 – Author, journalist, The New York Times and the New York Times Magazine
Related Schools Show me:People that viewed Loomis Chaffee also viewed these schools:
Loomis Chaffee’s mission is to inspire in all our students a commitment to the best self and the common good. Our accomplished faculty combine a rigorous academic curriculum and outstanding athletics, arts, and co-curricular programs with a focus on teaching you how to be an effective and engaged citizen. We know students want to make a positive difference in the world — and they want to do it now. We provide you the opportunities and tools — through our Pearse Hub for Innovation (PHI), Alvord Center for Global & Environmental Studies, Norton Family Center for the Common Good, Center for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Innovation Trimester (I-Tri), research programs in science and the humanities, and more — to take your learning and put it to immediate good use. Make today matter at a school where you will be celebrated for who you are and who you want to become. You also will have fun and make life-long friends. Visit us online and in person to learn more.
In the spring term, a group of seniors leave their regular classes and daily schedule behind to tackle real world challenges and offer innovative solutions to problems faced by four different clients from the wider state and local communities. The program is the Innovation Trimester (I-Tri) and it offers students a deep dive into project-based learning, design thinking, and entrepreneurship.
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
What SSAT score do you need to get into Loomis Chaffee?
Ivies, MIT or Stanford this year, Loomis accepted 28% of its students, requiring a 70th percentile SSAT score.
What is Loomis Chaffee known for?