1 Answer 1 Sorted by:
First off, I would make sure the user cannot input text themselves by disabling the
TextBox control (
TextBox1.Enabled=False), then add your code to the
Before appending to the RTB, I would check to make sure the BarCode is valid.
Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Draft saved Draft discarded
In C#, RichTextBox control is a textbox which gives you rich text editing controls and advanced formatting features also includes a loading rich text format (RTF) files. Or in other words, RichTextBox controls allows you to display or edit flow content, including paragraphs, s, tables, etc. In RichTextBox, you are allowed to add text in the RichTextBox control which displays on the screen using Text Property. You can set this property in two different ways:
1. Design-Time: It is the easiest way to add text in the RichTextBox as shown in the following steps:
Here, the value of this property is of System.String type. The following steps show how to set the Text property of the RichTextBox dynamically:
2. Run-Time: It is a little bit trickier than the above method. In this method, you can add text in the RichTextBox control programmatically with the help of given syntax:
Writing code in comment? Please use ide.geeksforgeeks.org, generate link and share the link here. Whats New
RichTextBox Control A RichTextBox control is an advanced text box that provides text editing and advanced formatting features including loading rich text format (RTF) files. In this article, I will demonstrates how to create and use various features of the Windows Forms RichTextBox control.
In the next step, you may set properties of a RichTextBox control. The following code snippet sets size, location, background color, foreground color, Text, Name, and Font properties of a RichTextBox.
Once a RichTextBox control is ready with its properties, the next step is to add the RichTextBox control to the Form. To do so, we use Form.Controls.Add method. The following code snippet adds a RichTextBox control to the current Form.
A RichTextBox control looks like Figure 1.
How do I add text to RichTextBox?
How do I add a rich text box in Visual Studio?
- STEP 1 – Create a new project. Let’s create a new project using Visual Studio 2017. …
- STEP 2 – Drag and Drop Controls. Let’s add a Rich TextBox control to the form by dragging it from the Toolbox and dropping it to the form. …
- STEP 3 – Coding for Button Click Event. …
- STEP 4 – Compile and Run.
What is the difference between TextBox and RichTextBox controls?
What is RichTextBox in VB?