Simple and delicious classic Chinese style easy beef stir fry with bell peppers, onions, spring onions, and savoury umami sauce. One of the best easy stir-fried beef recipes, you can make everything from scratch with cupboard-friendly everyday ingredients. Serve with a bowl of plain rice or noodles.
Stir-fries are our Asian familys staple and are always in our family meal rotations. We love stir fry steak and weve tried so many versions of it. If you love to cook restaurant-quality Chinese beef recipes at home, you must try our Easy Beef Chop Suey and Chinese Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipes. [feast_advanced_jump_to]
This Steak Stir-Fry Puts Take-Out to Shame.
Fast and healthy: two of our favorite adjectives when it comes to weeknight dinners. If you’re anything like us, you’re constantly looking to mix up your weeknight meal rotation. Verdant, crisp snow peas and a fragrant garlic-butter sauce mean that this easy steak stir fry is the perfect way to welcome spring.
Easy. Steak. Butter. Garlic. Do we have your attention? Let’s get started!
How-To Make the Best Steak Stir-Fry:
- Start with a great cut of beef (see above) and slice it thin!
- Choose your vegetables. Because it’s almost spring, we paired our steak stir-fry with vibrant green snow peas, but broccoli is also a great alternative. Be sure to adjust your cook time depending on the vegetables you choose.
- Choose a pan that allows for really high heat. For example, a cast iron skillet, carbon steel pan, or a wok if you have one. Get the pan really hot, so that when you add the oil it sizzles and even smokes slightly.
- Season the beef and coat it in cornstarch. This will give your stir-fried steak a glorious crispiness.
- Add the meat to the hot pan. Work in small batches to avoid overcrowding. This ensures that your beef will have a nice crisp exterior and tender, juicy interior.
- Once the meat is cooked—this will happen fast—remove from the pan and set it aside.
- Add your veggies to the hot pan. Give them a quick fry while stirring.
- Sauce time! Once the veggies are cooked, return the cooked beef to your pan along with the garlic, soy sauce and butter sauce. True, soy sauce and garlic butter is not a traditional stir-fry sauce by any means, as far as we’re concerned it should be! It’s SO delicious with the stir-fried steak and peas!
Why this recipe works
One of our much loved tried and tested, fail-proof beef recipes that anyone can cook at home.
When you cook it at home you can customize the vegetables and sauces to your preference. You can serve the whole family with a minimum budget. Skip the dried crushed chillies if you are cooking for children.
In this recipe, I am sharing our authentic Chinese-style juicy tender beef stir fry with colourful crisp vegetables and homemade delicious sauce. If you follow these simple cooking steps you will be a stir-fry master in no time! I can guarantee that!
Rating 4.4 (426) · 25 minFeb 17, 2023 · This beef stir-fry is quick and easy for busy weeknights. Thin slices of beef sirloin are stir-fried with colorful vegetables and soy sauce.
What goes well with beef stir fry?
How do you stir fry beef without making it tough?
What are the 3 rules of stir-frying?