This quick stir-fry beef with garlic sauce is perfect for a satisfying dinner. The tender beef and mushrooms in a flavorful garlic sauce are sure to please! Ready in just 20 minutes, its the perfect weeknight meal.
I love this simple Chinese restaurant takeout-style beef with garlic sauce because it is quick and easy to make in no time! There are no special ingredients required; everything needed is almost always on hand in my pantry!
Its a hearty beef entree to enjoy with your family and pairs so well with various sides! Add some broccoli for a beef and broccoli-style dinner, or serve with steamed or stir-fried mixed vegetables.
If you plan on serving with rice, be sure to get the rice started ahead of time. This stir-fry will be prepped, cooked, and ready to enjoy faster than your rice!!
*Be sure to see the free printable recipe card below for ingredients, exact amounts & instructions with tips!*
Wine Pairings for Garlic Beef
To balance the flavors of this Beef in Garlic Sauce, pick a white with high acidity and some residual sugar. A Riesling, Gewürztraminer, or a Vinho Verde can stand up to the garlic. A Lambrusco would also be a great choice. For those who love red wine, pick something with low tannins and high fruity notes. Thinks Gamay, Beaujolais, or Granache.
Why You’ll Love This Chinese Beef with Garlic Sauce
- It cooks quickly so that you can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
- It tastes like your favorite takeout.
- Its easy to adapt and add more veg if you like.
- Perfect for the whole family; my kids love the tender beef.
These are all just suggestions and things that have worked in our test kitchen, but it is your dinner, so adapt it to suit your family. That is the beauty of cooking; we can all create our own delicious meals.
- Swap the broth: You can use beef or vegetable broth instead of chicken.
- Swap the beef: Replace the beef with the same quantity of chicken breast or pork fillet; they can both be tenderized with the baking soda in the same way as the beef. You can use prawns as well but skip the tenderizing steps. You can use a mixture of meats to make garlic sauce special stir-fry.
- Add extra veg: Boost the veg by adding carrots, broccoli, water chestnuts, mushrooms, Asian greens, asparagus, or sugar snap peas to this recipe. Blanch harder vegetables in boiling water for 2-3 minutes before adding them to the stir-fry with the beef. Softer veg can be added straight to the stir-fry.
- Spice it up: Add a teaspoon of hot sauce or chili paste to the sauce. Or add chopped fresh chili when you add the sliced garlic.
This Chinese Beef in Garlic sauce is perfect for serving with rice or noodles. And a serving of Asian veg. If you want to create a Chinese banquet, check out the list of other takeout-style dishes on Sprinkles and Sprouts.
How To Make Beef with Garlic Sauce
- Prepare the Beef. In a large bowl, place the thinly sliced flank steak. Sprinkle with ½ tablespoon of cornstarch, toss until the beef is lightly coated, and set aside.
- Cook Garlic and Mushrooms. Heat a wok, large skillet, or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of garlic and the sliced mushrooms. Stir frequently and cook for approximately 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is golden and fragrant.
- Add Beef and Seasonings. Introduce the thinly sliced beef to the pan. Cook over medium-high heat until the beef is about halfway done. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper. Stir well to coat the beef and continue cooking until the meat is completely browned.
- Serve. Once cooked, remove from heat and serve immediately. This dish pairs well with rice or fried noodles and can be garnished with sliced green onions and sesame seeds for added flavor and presentation.
Rating 4.9 (39) · 25 minMay 19, 2023 · Chinese Beef with Garlic Sauce is also known as Chinese Garlic Beef and is a delicious easy beef stir fry. The tender beef is cooked with green Cutting the beef · Why You’ll Love This Chinese
What is beef with garlic sauce made of?
What does garlic sauce taste like?
How many calories are in Chinese beef with garlic sauce?