Brined and Grilled Whole Chicken Thighs
Seasoned Rub for Grilling
Total time:19 min – Prep time:5 min + brining overnight and resting = total 16 hours – Cook time:14 min – Serves:4 people Author: Diana
1. In a large glass baking dish or plastic storage container, place the water, salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir well. Submerge the chicken thighs into this bath. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. If the chicken is not completely submerged, add enough water to cover.
2. Remove the thighs from the brine. Rinse under cool water and pat dry with paper towels. Place the chicken on a plate or roasting pan and allow it to air dry and come to room temperature for 60 minutes.
3. Preheat your GF contact grill to high. While it is heating up, place all of the wet rub ingredients on a large plate and combine well. Place the thighs in the rub and coat evenly on all sides using your hands.
4. Place the thighs, skin side up, on the grill and close the top. At 13 minutes check the internal temperature with a reliable meat thermometer. You are looking for 170°F. Continue grilling until that temperature is achieved. This could take up to 15 to 17 minutes, depending on the thickness of the thighs.
5. Remove the chicken to a clean cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides. I suggest creamy polenta and grilled green beans (recipe follows).
In order to ensure our websites, mobile sites and mobile applications are easy to use and up-to-date, we use the web analytics service Google Analytics to understand how visitors use our sites. This allows us to see, for example, which content on our website is the most popular and also to ensure that our content is constantly updated and improved. The information that we collect is anonymous and used for statistical purposes only. These cookies are also used to create profiles or personalize content, e.g. advertisement based on your interests.
Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken Thighs
Total time: 11 min – Prep time: 5 min – Cook time: 6 min – Serves: 4 people
1. Open or unroll the chicken thighs so that they sit flat. Place them in a baking dish. Add the EVOO, lemon, garlic, salt, and pepper and coat both sides of the thighs evenly. Set this aside to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature. If serving rice with your chicken, make that while the meat marinates.
2. Preheat your GF contact grill to high. Place the thighs on the hot grill and close the top. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes until marks appear and the internal temperature reads 170°F.
3. Place thighs on a clean cutting board and allow to rest while you grill your vegetables.
Total time: 10 min – Prep time: 5 min – Cook time: 5 min – Serves: 4 people
1. Preheat your GF grill to high with the top closed.
2. In a large bowl, place the EVOO, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix to combine. Toss the green beans in the oil mixture to coat evenly.
3. Place as many beans as will fit in one layer on the grill and close the top. Grill for approximately 5 minutes or until there are char marks and the beans have started to soften. You may have to do this in batches.
4. Remove the beans to a serving platter and dust with the cheese. Serve with your grilled chicken.
How do you cook chicken on a George Foreman grill without drying it out?
How long does it take to grill chicken thighs on the grill?
How do you know when chicken is done on George Foreman grill?